Latest posts by Roshini (see all)
- Flooring – An essential component of a Industrial building - August 23, 2019
- Why Do We needSustainable Industrial Development ? - August 22, 2019
- Project Closeout: A Detailed Plan for this Phase - August 20, 2019
The rising environmental pollution is becoming an increasing cause of worry, and people are always on the lookout for alternatives to support a “green environment”! This is where green building design gets its prominence. Green building or in other words, sustainable design is the method by which we can increase the efficiency of energy, materials, and water in buildings and work sites. This, in turn, helps reduce the negative impacts the building makes on the environment and human health. The concept of green building design is not limited to the insides of the building alone. It also covers site planning, facade treatments, and landscaping.
The importance obviously starts with the way in which green building design helps in reducing the harmful impacts on the environment in which we live. The mere fact that a polluted environment can reduce every living being’s lifespan itself can throw light on the importance of a green building design. This is one crucial factor which we often forget. We know it, yet, it slips out of our mind. The community we live in relies a lot on the environment. We often end up taking our environment for granted. We forget the fact that the most important thing we need to live is oxygen! And, that oxygen, the air which contains it is the gift of the environment! Our economies depend on the environment for its existence. This is why green building construction companies in Chennai are of high demand these days. More and more people are adopting green buildings instead of conventional building design methods.
The Benefits That Highlights The Importance!
Now, let us take a quick look at some of the innumerable benefits of green buildings. You will be amazed to know that green buildings play such a huge role!
- It helps in the reduction of energy consumption from the construction till the realization of the building. This helps in ensuring that all the newly built and renovated buildings are easier to manage, and comfortable while being cost-effective. Moreover, it remains in harmony with the environment around it. The users learn to make use of energy resources in an efficient manner.
- It preserves our sources of water supply. Green buildings help in the effective management of all types of water resources. Innovative methodologies are used in handling wastewater and drinking water. The water used for the construction of buildings is reduced to a considerable extent.
- It helps in the reduction of wastes and encourages recycling by reusing materials. Green buildings use fewer but top quality materials with assured longer life spans. The lifecycle of the building can be predicted by accurate calculations, right from the design stage to the maximum period of usage, demolition, and conversion.