Latest posts by Roshini (see all)
- Radiant Cooling in INDIA: Real Solutions for Real Problems - September 20, 2019
- 5 common misconceptions surrounding BIM Services - September 17, 2019
- The Complete Holistic IndustrialDesign – Checklist for MEP Engineering Projects - September 16, 2019
In any industrial architectural project, often the need to clean drains go by unnoticed. This leads to many issues, including clogging of drains. The drains need to be periodically cleaned so as to avoid future mishaps. Also, the industrial electrical design needs to be done with utmost care so that there is no future accidents or issues related to electricity. The electrical layout plan of industrial buildings must be made to perfection to avoid such problems. Electrical design of commercial and industrial buildings also needs to be given its due importance. This blog reflects on the warning signs which indicate the necessity to clean drains. It also throws light on the issues related to clogging of pipes.
Here are some warning bells that indicates need the help of MEP Consultants.
Slow drains mean slow cleanup!
If it takes more time than usual for the water in the industrial plant to drain off, then that suggests that there is clogging of drains. There are many reasons behind this, the chief of it being the presence of solids or semi-solid untreated residue, generated as a result of the various activities within the factory. It is better to clean it immediately than wait for the drain to be completely clogged.
“Clogging of drains” turn out to be a frequent visitor
When clogging of drains seem to be a never-ending issue, and often the drains and toilets end up clogged, then it sure is a warning sign that quick cleaning up is necessary. If the clogs are not removed, it will keep piling up, and the water starts to stink and become stagnant. This leads to permanent damage to your pipes. Sometimes the issue may be related to pipes of sink or toilet. But sometimes the reason might be much more, like an issue in the sewer line. Hence, it is always better to go for professional help.
If any stinky odors start coming from the sinks or pipes, then that indicates that wastes have piled up somewhere. This leads to sewer gasses being pushed up again through the drain. These gasses cause health problems and need to be tackled as quickly as possible.
Gurgling sounds from pipes
If you hear some gurgling sound from pipes when you use it, it indicates clogging of drain somewhere inside. Clogs make oxygen to bubble up. If it is not cleaned with the help of professionals as soon as possible, then the clogs might increase leading to complete blockage of the drainage.
Better safe than sorry
Even if there are no drainage issues, it is always recommended to clean your drains on a periodic basis so that you need not encounter any of the problems mentioned above.
Clogged drain? Call MEP Consultants!
Clogged drains are a matter of grave concern that must be tackled immediately. A sewer line that is heavily clogged can cause a significant amount of damage to your belongings. The damage might be expensive to rectify or replace. Even just one clogged pipe can be a real pain in the neck. The services of MEP Consultants are essential in order to tackle this issue immediately.
Symptoms for Clogging of drains in buildings
- A gurgling toilet most often indicates a sewer issue.
- The toilet is making gurgling sounds even after you use other water supplies in the workplace or the water is coming up in the drains along with the same kinds of sound in toilets implies that the clog is in sewer lines.
- Wash basin happens to be clogged, but no gurgling sound or water is rising in toilets implies that only that wash basin needs to be checked for clogs.
- One drain is slow means that the drain needs to be checked for clogs.
- If all the drains are slow and the toilet gurgles, then the whole sewer line is clogged and needs immediate attention.
- If the level of water in toilets starts rising more and then drops to a lower level, then that is a symptom of a clogged sewer line in making.
Just by paying attention to all the above factors and doing periodic cleanups, you can ensure that your drainage is free of clogs and unpleasant odors.