Advantages of using Steel Structure
01. Design – steel structure is highly recommended for large span and oppressive structures that benefit all types of industrial buildings. Incredibly long, wide spans are possible using steel that would not be possible to implement in concrete or with wood support.
02. Strength and Durability – Structural steel components are stronger and lighter than the parts made of weight-bearing concrete or wood.
03. Light in Weight – Steel is used in framing. The design of the beam will cause lighter than a structurally sound concrete beam design.
04. Easy Installation and Speed in Construction – Steel parts in steel structures are pre-engineered to design specific inside the manufacturing plant and are shipped out in ready-to-be erected condition.
05. Versatile – Steel is versatile as it is molded into almost any shape, that makes an attractive option for Industrial buildings.
06. Flexibility – Flexibility is one of the significant advantages of steel pre engineered structure, that means it can be designed as per the specific needs.
07. Ductility – The quality of ductility refers to the feature of steel structures’ stability if exposed to colossal force. Steel do not crack like concrete.
08. Easy Fabrication in Different Sizes – Steel studs are available in a variety of sizes and can be manufactured as per order.
09. Fire Resistance – Steel structures are highly fire-resistant as compared to wood, and it reduces the fire accident risk to a building.
10. Pest and Insect Resistant – Structural steel/concrete components are termite-proof, and these are not the consumables of mammals or bugs.
11. Moisture and Weather Resistance – Steel structures are moisture resistant, although depends on the carbon content of the steel being used for the construction.
12. Adaptability – Steel products can be changed or adjusted according to the owner’s requirement.
13. Cost-effective – steel is light in weight as compared to concrete, which is easy to transport and reduces fuel costs and quicken project schedules.
14. Environment-Friendly – Steel is one of the most recyclable materials in the world. Using recycled steel natural resources and energy can be saved to a large extent.
15. Energy Efficiency – However, a house built with steel can be less energy efficient than a wooden building.
16. Improved Construction Quality – Steel buildings do not age and may get worsen like concrete structures over time. Steel is dimensional steady, with no anxieties about distorting with climate changes.
17. Temporary Structures – Steel structures can be quickly built using various methods such as welding, bolting, or riveting and can also be disassembled without hassles.
18. Safe and Resistant – Steel structures are resistant than a RCC construction; As steel or concrete is unaffected by termites, bugs, or rodents as well as mold or fungi.